Bristol CCG receives the Two Ticks Disability Accreditation
We have been accredited with the Two Ticks disability symbol, which recognises our commitment to good practice in employing people with disabilities.
To qualify to use the Two Ticks symbol, Bristol CCG signed up to the following five commitments to:
- Guarantee an interview to all applicants with a disability - provided they meet the minimum qualifying criteria for the particular vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
- Consult with disabled employees on an annual basis, to ensure they can develop and use their abilities at work.
- Make every effort when employees become disabled to retain them in employment.
- Take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work.
- Review these commitments annually to check what has been achieved, plan ways to improve and to advise employees about progress and future plans.
The Two Ticks disability symbol aims to ensure that people with disabilities feel confident that their employer, or potential employer, will be positive about their abilities.
Jill Shepherd, Chief Officer at Bristol CCG commented “We are delighted to have been awarded the Two Ticks symbol in recognition of our commitment to ensure that disabled people are treated fairly at every stage of their selection and employment”.
For more information, visit Gov.uk's page on recruitment and disabled people.